July 10, 2019Learn the latest on marine funding, legislation, and state and federal policy issues relating to the marine environment by joining the bi-monthly telecon.
June 28, 2019A forecast update has been issued for harvesters, managers and the public about how spring weather conditions may impact the timing of the Chinook salmon run on the Yukon River delta. The midseason forecast update reiterates that years such as this one with low spring sea ice cover are typically associated with less precise timing forecasts. See the environmental data and historical Yukon Chinook run timing on the project web page.
June 5, 2019An advisory has been issued for harvesters, managers and the public about how spring weather conditions may impact the timing of the Chinook salmon run on the Yukon River delta. The final forecast is for a moderate run timing with a 50% point of June 18 which is just slightly earlier than average. See the environmental data and historical Yukon Chinook run timing on the project web page.
May 24, 2019NPRB is seeking nominations to fill one seat representing the Arctic region on its Advisory Panel and three seats on its Science Panel.
December 14, 2018Version 2.9 features are now available on the AOOS Ocean Data Explorer which replaces the beta 2.8 version with improvements to the existing search functionality and introduction of a new method for accessing help docs.
December 14, 2018Watch the facebook live event recording of Scientists and others at the American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting in Washington DC on Tuesday, December 11. The meeting focused on interesting changes occurring right now in the Bering Sea.
The new release features;
- Sophisticated charting abilities, including comparisons between data sources and binning by time;
- On-the-fly seasonal data summaries, including climatology and anomaly plots;
- Interactive comparison charting for sensor, model, and biological data;
- Availability of depth charts, interpolation via kriging, and 4D interactive charts for ocean profiling sensors like CTDs, moorings, gliders, and more;
- User-created custom data views for data exploration, saving and sharing;
- Enhancements to the data catalog for searching, downloading, and mapping data.