March 13, 2019Learn the latest on marine funding, legislation, and state and federal policy issues relating to the marine environment by joining the bi-monthly telecon.
December 14, 2018Version 2.9 features are now available on the AOOS Ocean Data Explorer which replaces the beta 2.8 version with improvements to the existing search functionality and introduction of a new method for accessing help docs.
December 14, 2018Watch the facebook live event recording of Scientists and others at the American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting in Washington DC on Tuesday, December 11. The meeting focused on interesting changes occurring right now in the Bering Sea.
October 18, 2018The Alaska Ocean Observing System received $15,000 this year from the national Integrated Observing System (IOOS) program to advance IOOS Biology through biological data stewardship activities in the AOOS region, working with regional data providers to align biological datasets to the Darwin Core standard and make them available through ERDDAP servers and the AOOS and Marine Biodiversity Observing Network Portals. AOOS is especially interested in data that contributes to our AK Harmful Algal Bloom and Ocean Acidification Networks, as well as NMFS Integrated Ecosystem Assessments.
September 12, 2018Axiom Data Science seeks an Environmental Data Scientist to join our existing team of professionals who are developing and applying the latest technical solutions to solve geoscientific data management challenges. This is a mid-level career opportunity...
June 29, 2018The buoy is again providing real-time wave data critical to safe boating and recreational fishing in lower Cook Inlet.
The new release features;
- Sophisticated charting abilities, including comparisons between data sources and binning by time;
- On-the-fly seasonal data summaries, including climatology and anomaly plots;
- Interactive comparison charting for sensor, model, and biological data;
- Availability of depth charts, interpolation via kriging, and 4D interactive charts for ocean profiling sensors like CTDs, moorings, gliders, and more;
- User-created custom data views for data exploration, saving and sharing;
- Enhancements to the data catalog for searching, downloading, and mapping data.