January 8, 2020AOOS has received funding to enhance regional ocean data sharing among federal and state agencies, tribes, and stakeholders with a near-term focus on the rapid change in the Bering Sea. We are seeking an organized, energetic person to assist these effo...
September 17, 2019Learn the latest on marine funding, legislation, and state and federal policy issues relating to the marine environment by joining the bi-monthly telecon.
September 16, 2019Axiom Data Science is hiring! We are looking for a Data Coordinator to join our team of data managers and software engineers to support data curation and data product development. A position description is accessible HERE. The position can be based out of either Axiom’s Anchorage or Fairbanks offices. Applications due by October 11, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
July 30, 2019This ACCAP webinar will provide an overview of algal toxins and their impacts and a review of the recent changes in ocean climate that now make this a potential hazard for the coasts of western Alaska.
June 28, 2019A forecast update has been issued for harvesters, managers and the public about how spring weather conditions may impact the timing of the Chinook salmon run on the Yukon River delta. The midseason forecast update reiterates that years such as this one with low spring sea ice cover are typically associated with less precise timing forecasts. See the environmental data and historical Yukon Chinook run timing on the project web page.
June 5, 2019An advisory has been issued for harvesters, managers and the public about how spring weather conditions may impact the timing of the Chinook salmon run on the Yukon River delta. The final forecast is for a moderate run timing with a 50% point of June 18 which is just slightly earlier than average. See the environmental data and historical Yukon Chinook run timing on the project web page.
The new release features;
- Sophisticated charting abilities, including comparisons between data sources and binning by time;
- On-the-fly seasonal data summaries, including climatology and anomaly plots;
- Interactive comparison charting for sensor, model, and biological data;
- Availability of depth charts, interpolation via kriging, and 4D interactive charts for ocean profiling sensors like CTDs, moorings, gliders, and more;
- User-created custom data views for data exploration, saving and sharing;
- Enhancements to the data catalog for searching, downloading, and mapping data.