AOOS has recently updated its Regional Coastal Ocean System (RCOS) certification application necessary to coordinate non-federal observing assets and disseminate associated data in the Alaska Region.The documents that support the RCOS certification of AOOS through IOOS were originally approved in 2017, and were recently updated and reapproved in 2022 are available on this page.
Why does certification matter?
Below are just six of the ways that certification makes a difference:
- Certification demonstrates that we sustain organizational capacity and supply quality data.
- Certification demonstrates that AOOS adheres to best practices for data collection, quality control, naming, storage, archival, and integrations, so users have confidence in the data served by AOOS.
- Certification enhances efficient interagency coordination.
- Certification enables federal agencies to rely on AOOS to access non-federal data and to disseminate integrated and quality data on a regional level.
- Certification allows researchers and others to work with AOOS to fulfill data management requirements of publicly-funded grants, since AOOS has received and maintains federal approval.
- Certification provides liability protection for AOOS.
2022 Certification Application
2022 Certification Documents
- 01 AOOS Operating Procedures with appendices Aug 2022.pdf
- 02 NA21NOS0120094 Award Notification Aug 2021.pdf
- 03 AOOS Audit_2021.pdf
- 04 FY22 Core Funding Descope Documents
- 05 AOOS Strategic Plan with Build Out Plans Aug 2022.pdf
- 06 DEI Working Group Recommendations 2021.pdf
- 07 AOOS Org Chart Aug 2022.pdf
- 08 AOOS Board Meeting Summary Oct 2012.pdf
- 09 AOOS Board Meeting Summary Apr 2013.pdf
- 10 AOOS FY21-25 IOOS Proposal Appendix D: Engagement Summary.pdf
- 12 AOOS CVs and Position descriptions.pdf
- 13 2021 AOOS Asset Inventory Dec 2021.xlsx
- 14 AOOS Funded Projects Data Management Procedures Sep 2018.pdf
- 15 AOOS FY21-25 IOOS Proposal Narrative.pdf
- 16 Axiom Contract_2021.pdf
- 17 AOOS EXCOM Summary Aug 2020.pdf
- 18 AOOS Board Summary May 2021.pdf
- 19 AOOS Data Smack Objectives.pdf
- 20 AOOS – NCEI Data Submission Agreement 2017.pdf
- 21 AOOS Request to Archive 2017.pdf
- 22 H3000 Budget Update as of Jul 2022.pdf
- 23 AOOS FY22 Descope Core + NonCore.pdf