Alaska Water Level Watch
The Alaska Water Level Watch (AWLW) is a collaborative group working to improve the quality, coverage, and accessibility to water level observations in Alaska’s coastal zone.
Water level data has many applications that contribute to safe navigation, storm modeling and mapping, tsunami warnings, watches, and advisories, incident response, search and. rescue operations, tidal datums, sea level trends, storm trends, and much more.
- Coastal & Nearshore Water Level Observations in Alaska: Challenges, Assets, Gaps, and Next Steps
- 2011 DGGS Bering Sea Storm Report
- Storm water level feature extraction from digital elevation models using intra-storm photographs
- DGGS Coastal Hazards Program Website
- Color-Indexed Elevation Maps for Flood Vulnerable Communities
- Coastal Elevation Profile Tool